astra 2.2 sri supercharger fitted won't start no spark

sargsri

finish fitting the supercharger to my astra 2.2 sri went to start it just spun over got fuel fuel pump primes up ok but no spark got a m8 over he's more clued up with electric issues seems to be no power to the coil.
he tried scaning the supercharger ecu unable to read just freezes put the standard ecu set back on and scaned fine with a egr fault (blanked off) spun it over with this ecu set on and still no spark also the rad fan comes on after about 20 seconds with the ignition on on both ecu sets ?
could the no spark issue be a alarm/immboliser fault ?
I am going to check the wireing again tomorrow
any help would be great

HarleyPete

Not sure if it would work the same as mine but when I had a spare un programmed key it wouldn't even turn over when inserted in the ignition. Once I managed to program it then it worked fine. I would have thought that the car wouldn't turn over if the immobiliser wasn't recognising the key.

sargsri

I changed the standard ecu,transponder,chip for the remapped ecu, transponder,chip for the supercharger both ecu sets seem to work ok no flashing light on the dash.

sargsri

been working on the astra for about 10 hours today changed about everything loosely fitted the original standard loom and got a spark on both ecu sets so I soldiered the longer injectors connecters and wires to adapt the original engine loom and fitted it unable to get it to run on the remapped supercharger ecu but had it running for a few seconds on the standard ecu loosely fitted loom at this stage refitted the loom nice and tidy put earths to engine and 1 to the supercharger body went to start it no spark again ! put it back to loosely fitted loom as it was and still no spark not sure why I am back to square 1 I am gutted what started out as a straight forward conversion has turned in to a bloody nightmare.
anybody got any idea's ?

IDI AMIN

you say you have had a different ecu remapped , and changed the transponder and chip . was this done before or after remap?
You may need to have it programmed if it has not been done to the new transponder and chip . This could be your problem

sargsri

the remapped ecu transponder chip along with the supercharger kit was removed from a running astra and was running fine when removed also the astra that it is being fitted in to was also running fine I labelled all the wireing loom up just to make sure.
I just don't understand why I have a spark then no spark and the remapped ecu chip and transponder is not working I still think it might have something to do with a intermittent immobiliser fault looking like I am going to have to get a auto electrician to take a look at it.

5M1THY

If they were both running fine and you've definitely wired it up correctly then it could well be an immobiliser fault especially if you know there was one.. do you have opcom to plug in and see?
The immobiliser will stop the spark if it's not turning off

sargsri

I have a old rac can obdll reader I have borrowed of a m8 won't read the remapped ecu just freezes and reads the standard ecu with faults I now of ie egr fault egr been removed spoke to a few auto electricians thy all seem to think the immobiliser is at fault although I had no problems before hand found a mobile auto electrician that's coming out tom to take a look I hope he can sort it.

sargsri

yer I need to invest in a op-com for sure
the engine loom that is fitted to the astra at the moment is the 1 off the astra so should match I did have a spark for awhile and the astra ran briefly will check the first loom that I fitted with supercharger.
thanks for info.

sargsri

well its up and running at last issues were immobiliser then as I swapped the loom I forgot to modified tb plug also the map sensor is playing up the auto electrician was unable to stop the rad fan kicking in all the time as I have removed the air con will put it on a switch the only other thing was the alternator pulley was getting very hot (smoking) I think the new belt is slipping needs a smaller tighter one.
just a few niggles to sort out now.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
well its up and running at last issues were immobiliser then as I swapped the loom I forgot to modified tb plug also the map sensor is playing up the auto electrician was unable to stop the rad fan kicking in all the time as I have removed the air con will put it on a switch the only other thing was the alternator pulley was getting very hot (smoking) I think the new belt is slipping needs a smaller tighter one.
just a few niggles to sort out now.
put the plug in the ac pressure sensor that will stop the error with the a/c fan
the pulley is getting hot as its probably an alloy alternator pulley the trick is to bin the alloy pulley and fit a steel one then move the belt closer so you have more wrap

sargsri

just sorted the fans i take it the rad fan will just kick in normally now as for the alternator this was swapped over with supercharger and is a steel pulley 1 just run it up for a couple of minutes and all the metal pulleys are getting hot plus the belt, it is new belt (5pk 1300) a bit bigger than original belt i think this belt is slipping causing friction and then heat. the original belt had no marking tried to measure the original belt about 1270-1280 do's this sound about right with no air con as the nearest size i could get was the 1300 from my local motorfactors sounds like i will have to try and find a smaller belt.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
im not sure with out the a/c mines a 5pk 14xx with the ac
i guess you could measure it

you should be able to buy belts in 10mm increments 1300mm 1310mm 1320mm and so on by may put up as xx54 xx64 xx74 format