astra 2.2 auto throttle problems

warren1973

hi guys im new so hi all..lately my throttle kick down isnt right ..normal mode feels really sluggish and struggles to change gear at high revs (not all the time) but i put it in sport mode and no torque when it gets to 40mph it will not change gear unless i take my foot off the pedal and re apply ..i cant overtake cuz of no kickdown and when it does change gear theres a little screeching noise from underneath the car i think from the auto box..please help?

HarleyPete

When was the last time the oil was changed in the box? It's been noted before that old oil can have a detrimental effect on the working of the box. Welcome to the site by the way too.

Dave Gilbert

A flush n fresh oil normally helps

may even be worth doing twice.

as theres a filter inside but a really big job to change so
put new oil in and run a hundred miles or so n drop it n do again.

warren1973

hi guys thank you for the welcome ok so this is whats been done since i posted last..throttle body cleaned and polished egr cleaned transmission oil changed but only once..its still a bit laxy but not as much as first time..is it worth changeing it again u think? i was told it needs 2 applications of gearbox oil as when drained of old oil only 85% is drained properly ? so when you apply fresh gearbox oil there is still a bit of old oil left in so it needs draining again and applying a 2nd dose ? and apparently it works superb after that? anybody agree?

IDI AMIN

Well you say there has been an improvement since changing oil so doing it again won't do any harm and could be what's needed to sort it proper

I am having similar problems right now I am using a corsa easytronic cause my vectra is on the blink.

Car was okay for a few days and now it will not go up the gears in auto and will not switch to manual
It goes to 2nd gear easily but to get it to 3rd I have to get the revs up to 5+ 1/2 thousand revs which is a bit of a c#nt

The car has basically been unused in 2 years so could well need oils changing

The gearbox uses clutch fluid which has a little reservoir on top of the box and gear oil which goes in a little nut hole that is beside the driveshaft according to the Haynes manual

I am planning to do this today so hopefully have something to report later on

Last edited: