Another cracked manifold.....

astra22bertoneauto

Just thought id share some pics of the standard manifold taken off my blue convertible.As you can see that even its fairly recent but already started cracking in the same spot ive had them crack before. The car did have the original exhaust and yes a pre-cat was fitted.

DSC_0099.jpgDSC_0100.jpg

Its now been ditched for my 4-1 and stainless system and oh my what an improvement!

fone

Had mine welded last week,just now sounding like its gone again and p0420.
They also machined the face,as it was banana'd
Will be picking bones with these people from Billcar engineering!

AlexYW

My manifold been cracked for ages now, im sick of changing it, I can't seem to find any decent upgrade replacement? I want something that's gonna last but I don't wanna be spending crazy money either maybe no more than £200. What are you guys using instead of the standard GM part?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
think mines gone to need to take the cover off and look forgot to bring some cast rods from work hopefully dad remembers if its cracked i will fix it later :)

guy 27

Wonder why they crack so often for you guys over there. I've only heard of 1 cracking here in aus over the years.

corsaZ22se

mine cracked at around 60k, got a dbilas one as the stainless ones were silly money back then. ported it out as its realy restrictive and rough cast. its been on the engine for over 90k now and still good. :)