Angel Eyes

Mistar_T

Hey guys... ive had a read of an existing angel eyes topic but its from a year or so ago so thought i'd start a fresh... since ive got a few questions to ask...

the angel eyes head lights ive seen about on cars have always just been the halo's and the lights... (i assume the halo's are sidelights... or heads???)... while looking on ebay for a set for my vectra B... most of them seem to have 3 smaller lights down the inner side of them... i dont like the look of those and i cant imagine they'd look to great when illumanted either. can anyone expand on this? (what the halo's are in terms of sides or mains, and what the smaller lights are etc... im new to this side of things)

also... ive heard about HID bulbs before... but always thought they were illegal? can anyone give me info on this aswell? as i'd like to keep the car 100% legal. i know aftermarket xenon kits are illegal unless the vehicle has automatic level sensors and headlamp washers.. but what about HID bulbs? (i thought they were kits which were similar?...)

like i said.. im new to this side of things so as much info as possible would be appreciated. thanks guys. (y)

pottsey

i ve got fk angel eyes ,yes the halos are the side lights ,the main lights are the outer bulbs and the high beam are the inner bulbs ,ive also got the 6000k hid kit in mine ,had them in for over a year now ,never been pulled by police ,and has always gone through the mot with no problems,also they have levellers which work through the leveler switch in the car .
the other angel eyes with the leds are called ultra angel eyes
heres a few pics of my lights
ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_Picture178.jpg

Picture179.jpg

ai293.photobucket.com_albums_mm47_jaycalellvic_IMG_8391Small.jpg

sdbutler10

cpwfos said:
ive got the 2 halos and the strip of 3 leds they look great and they run off the sides (y)

i had the same ones as you and got rid of them, they did not let out enough light even with rally bulbs in them

Mistar_T

sdbutler10 said:
cpwfos said:
ive got the 2 halos and the strip of 3 leds they look great and they run off the sides (y)

i had the same ones as you and got rid of them, they did not let out enough light even with rally bulbs in them

so are the ones with the 3 LED's any better do you know? they seem alot more readily available on ebay....

pottsey

Mistar_T said:
so which does everyone reckon are better... the ultra angel eyes, or the fk angel eyes? nice looking motor by the way pottsey (y)

cheers mistar_t

i find mine with the hid kit ample bright enough ,i also have uprated high beam bulbs as well(not hid) but they are a blueish white,got them from e bay dont think they are 100% legal :silent:

Mistar_T

Which do you guys think looks better on a silver vectra... the chrome angel eyes or the black ones? (im on about the ones with the 3 LED's on the inner edge)

I was thinking the black ones, then possibly getting smoked side repeaters and possibly smoked rear lights... but i cant decide if the chrome ones wouldnt look better (possibly then clear side indicators??)

help me decide guys notsure.gif