Android App download...

Drakey

....Hi all, it`s been a while since I`ve posted on the site but can usually rely on a great response no matter what the issue.

I`ve taken the jump and binned the iPhone - I opted for the Note which I`m over the moon with.

BUT.....Android Apps, I`m using Google Play and if I download a large-ish app when I try to open it on the phone it states I still have 400MB (for example) still to download, and this seems to be taking ages.

Sorry - its all gone bold !!!! perhaps I shouldn`t touch anything remotely technical lol

Is there a way I can download an app fully on the computer before transferring to phone?
...and is Google Play the best/only site to use?

Cheers

Oh....and anyone want an iPhone lol

Matt

Administrator
What app is 400mb Nige?

You can install apps on my HTC using the PC software, but I guess each phone is going to be different

Drakey

I've had to do this for asphalt 6 and gt hd - the initial app loads in a minute or so then as i select it on my phone it states there's loads of data still req d

Matt

Administrator
Hmm, haven't had that on my HTC, but then again, none of the apps have been that big.

Drakey

What about updates, Ive just been prompted for a software (firmware) update....

I`ve just been shown this ..... 349.38Mb

For Android 4.0 with touchwiz
New SNote app
New SMemo widget

Again through my wifi it looks like its going to take ages.

Matt

Administrator
When my phone downloaded the firmware update (250mb), it only took about 8 minutes on my BB connection.

rushy

What about updates, Ive just been prompted for a software (firmware) update....

I`ve just been shown this ..... 349.38Mb

For Android 4.0 with touchwiz
New SNote app
New SMemo widget

Again through my wifi it looks like its going to take ages.
That's the "icecream sandwich/android 4.0" update, your phone will be running "gingerbread" at the moment and that update is the same the new galaxy 3 is running

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

Drakey

Thanks Rushy,
Looks like its some neat new bits, shame it set my settings back to normal.
I spent ages arranging apps etc in to folders and setting backgrounds but after the update lots had been reset !!!!!

Still.....so far so good, I don`t miss the iPhone at all

Matt

Administrator
I've gone back to using my work iPhone more than my personal HTC now, as the HTC is stuck on the old firmware, and I can't update it :(

rushy

I've gone back to using my work iPhone more than my personal HTC now, as the HTC is stuck on the old firmware, and I can't update it :(
If htc deam it's stable enough for ICS then there going to be rolling out the updates in the next month or two. Sony are dragging there heals as well :(

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk 2