AM I IN DEEEE CLUB!!!!!!

adie2.2.

:D Well a few weeks ago I bought my first Vec b. back then I said I was gonna keep the car standard :D , however after daily posts and excellent threads from you guys I have finally secum to MOD'S. thumbup last night I wipped the down pipe off and had that pre-cat out..... :D then carried out a minor mod on the air box ready to fit my new shinny Courtneys panel filter.... this I must say has taken me by surprise cos normally I dont mess with stuff if its working right 8) . so i think this is now the way for me and my vec b, cruise control next and then have a pop at porting that throttle body.... I will let you know when the next mod's are done, cheers..

Drakey

Good stuff,... wish I had the time and balls to remove the pre-cat, Neil (Blue se2) ported & polished my throttle body, that and my air-box de-restricted & panel filter are the only changes to the car, quite a difference tho`.

Ian

Good job mate!!

I neither had the balls or knowlege to tinker with mine.. Bar a k&n pannel of course :D

Drakey

56k_warning said:
Good job mate!!

I neither had the balls or knowlege to tinker with mine.. Bar a k&n pannel of course :D

Yeah but yours looks sweet...... I`m back to standard again. :cry:

adie2.2.

Well getting that trottle body is the ported and polished is the biggen for me, I ain't got a clue how to get it polished notsure.gif , I will definatly give it a go.disaster or not will let you all know... :)

Ian

Drakey said:
56k_warning said:
Good job mate!!

Yeah but yours looks sweet...... I`m back to standard again. :cry:

Yeh why is youres std again matey??? Was meaning to ask ya :razz:

Drakey

Tyres on my 18`s were/are pants, no grip. Can`t risk the long drive to & from work on them. Really needs lowering to handle better (rear heavy with all my LPG crap in the boot), it`s just cash cash & more cash.

Adie...... did you access the pre-cat with the car just on axle stands or have you access to a ramp?

adie2.2.

I stuck mine on axel stands in a single garage last night, showo.. got bored and i'm a celebrity wasnt on till 9.... :) so I got stuck in right quick. :eek: :eek: :eek: sh1t myself though cos me missus wanted the car for work this morning and at one point I didint think I was gonna do it.... :( never mind did it in the end and it took about 1 hr...

boothy2.2

Get it done drakey, you know you want to. I did mine half on pavement half on axle stands, only took about an hour and half, and most of that was getting the ppre cat out, i am sure there is somewhere bettween the old jags that you could do it!!

blue se2

Drakey said:
Good stuff,... wish I had the time and balls to remove the pre-cat, Neil (Blue se2) ported & polished my throttle body, that and my air-box de-restricted & panel filter are the only changes to the car, quite a difference tho`.

No excuse you know i'll remove it for ya :roll:

Ian

Drakey said:
Tyres on my 18`s were/are pants, no grip. Can`t risk the long drive to & from work on them. Really needs lowering to handle better (rear heavy with all my LPG crap in the boot), it`s just cash cash & more cash.

Adie...... did you access the pre-cat with the car just on axle stands or have you access to a ramp?
Oh i see thats fair enough mate.. Shame though as the rims are nice...

Not that the car isnt of course :oops:

Its all about the money :?

Drakey

Give me a few million pounds worth of Avionics equipment and I`m fine, simple car stuff, scared I`ll bugger something up and mess up my transport.
Good to keep your friendly mechanics sweet. :D

Ian

Drakey said:
Give me a few million pounds worth of Avionics equipment and I`m fine, simple car stuff, scared I`ll bugger something up and mess up my transport.
Good to keep your friendly mechanics sweet. :D

Im really bad mate.. I wont touch things half the time as i m scared i will shaft something.. (Not literally btw!!!) :roll:

adie2.2.

Just took me wagon for a ride :) , definatly different without that pre-cat, showo.. Im that causious I think I will check the exhaust is'nt blowen tomorrow night.... notsure.gif cheers..

The Crusher

OK...may be a stupid question...but if you take the pre-cat out won't it mess up your emissions? So MOT failure and engine management system not working properly?