Aly's Coupe Turbo

Daz

Former Staff
Its really well made matt and a perfect fit.

Matt

Administrator
Despite what a lot of people say about them, they are really good, and I can't fault their work. My downpipe looks fantastic with a single bend.

Daz

Former Staff
Its the non resonated one we got, and its supposed to be 88db or there abouts, pops and gurgles a good un....went down the shops earlier and on boost it turns heads....

Daz

Former Staff
Forgot to take pics.....doh...will get some next time i got it on the ramp..... it was spitting flames yesterday as i drove past aly..... :D

Daz

Former Staff
Same as mine....decat..... had to take it to work today to alter the hanger on the rear box slightly due to it banging on the rear beam.....all sorted now..

Daz

Former Staff
Just ordered a cobra 2.75" precat decat for her... and a new lambda sensor as her old ones welded to the precat pipe...... shud hopefully sort her overfueling on boost......

Daz

Former Staff
Hopefully shud be here by the weekend, get it fitted then RR the folowing saturday.... and see how it does again.....hopefully alot better than last time . Cant fault the qaulity of there systems tho matt... alys fitted better than mine tho... but mines louder,,

Daz

Former Staff
precat decat landed today....what a well made piece of exhaust i must say.....

Attachments

• IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    236.8 KB · Views: 459
  • IMG_0187.JPG
    IMG_0187.JPG
    207.6 KB · Views: 471

Matt

Administrator
You going to be using a new v-clamp when fitting it? It took ExhaustsUK two goes at getting mine to seal properly, and were able to use the original clamp.

Mine has gone a nice shade of gold after a few months
garage.php

Last edited:

Daz

Former Staff
Alys clamp isnt that old matt.so will deffo be reusing it...as there £35 a pop..... was a pain when i fitted her vxr precat, that took sevaral attepmts to seal....

Matt

Administrator
They used a bit of sealant paste on mine (as you can see in the above picture). I've since cleaned all the excess off they got on the downpipe.

Daz

Former Staff
Set about fitting this 2day, removed the old downpipe, and offered up the new, but the one corner of the flange at the bottom was catching the sump, so had to cut of around 5-6mm of metal to stop it fowling, all bolted up fine after, soldered alys o2 sensor plug to the new sensor and fitted that.... fired it up,,,,sealed 1st time.... took it for a quick spin, seems to have improved the boggyness we were getting and no longer banging/missing on hard accelaration.....so i think the old o2 sensor was duff