Air Box Mod Vectra C

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Has anyone done the airbox mod on the Vectra C ie removed that flap thing? I did mine last night, I've not had it out for a drive since. I think I will have to get a better filter for it.

Matt

Administrator
The 2.0T may not even have the bottom one then Mark. How did you remove the top one? I had to cut mine off with a hacksaw

Mark Dj

Former Staff
Mine just slotted out, it can just slide back in if I wanted it back. Only half my filter was dirty, so that mod must make it work for the full filter.

Matt

Administrator
The one on the bottom slides out on the CDTI, the top trumpet is part of the air box, so has to be cut off. Before I removed the bottom, only half the filter was being used.

Since removing the top one, the turbo sound louder when it spools up.

Matt

Administrator
Mark Dj said:
I wonder how mine will sound then, I can hear mine all the time :)
You could hear mine all the time as well, but the noise has definately increased since removign the internal pipes from the airbox.

rushy

We all remove the bottom one but all leave the trumpet that feeds the MAF. Think it was Nutron who took his top one off on a rolling road session and his performance became worse with it removed. I think its there to speed up the airflow so affects torque?

Matt

Administrator
I've not noticed any difference performance wise since removing the top one. I may see if I can get another top half of the air box and see if it does feel any different after driving around for several months since doing it.