Air box and VXR Air Duct

old cruiser

This morning I did the airbox Mod' (trumpet removal) on my 2003 2.2 vectra 'C' and also fitted the shorter GSI/ VXR (P/No. 9177099) cold air feed pipe to the air box as luckily my local VX dealer had one in stock @ £7.46 TradeClub price, so nice and cheap! and hopefully it's not my imagination, coz I've done something to the car, but it does seem better @ idle , not perfect but still better and power delivery also seems smoother when pressing the accelerator progressively and hence seems to have ironed out the slight hesitancy/ flatspots I could feel lower down the rev range, some have said to leave the battery disconnected for the ECU to re-learn but to be honest I thought this was pointless as I wanted to feel the immediate difference and the ECU should re-learn any different settings as time goes on as it were , in summary, nice, cheap and easy Mod'; bit awkward getting the old cold feed pipe out but got there, and the difference at the moment, appears to be noticeable!!
Cheers Pete

old cruiser

Camera's out of action Guys but here ones that I've borrowed and would have taken myself
Cheers Pete
ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_tweddles_Air_20Box_20Mod_showingtrumpetfitted.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_tweddles_Air_20Box_20Mod_showingtrumpetremoved.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_tweddles_Air_20Box_20Mod_oldnewshorterpipe.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_tweddles_Air_20Box_20Mod_whereoldpipewasfitted.jpg

ai149.photobucket.com_albums_s74_tweddles_Air_20Box_20Mod_wherenewpipeisfitted.jpg

Matt

Administrator
Wow. I find it strange that they run the intake pipe along the top of the rad on the Vec C, when it makes perfect sense to put it where you have it with the VXR pipe