aftermarket ecu ??

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
so what's the word on aftermarket ecus ?
have been looking at the omex 600 so like it covers the lot
for my future plans i dont think the standard ecu will cope
http://omextechnology.co.uk/page75.html

dsc01890ay.jpg
views? options ?

corsaZ22se

they do open up a lot of options and make mapping easier. can be a pain if your car uses canbus though. but piggy backing standard ecu for abs/traction control and dash works ok to.

z22se-fan

This might be interesting: www.obdtuner.com
However: it is designed for vx220/speedster. Which means it doesn't support a/c, traction control, cruise control. Maybe using this software on a 2nd ecu as a piggyback on our astra / vectra ecu's is an option? I don't know...

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
This might be interesting: www.obdtuner.com
However: it is designed for vx220/speedster. Which means it doesn't support a/c, traction control, cruise control. Maybe using this software on a 2nd ecu as a piggyback on our astra / vectra ecu's is an option? I don't know...

how is odbtuner installed ? cant find any info
a/c is a must now i have climate control think it runs off the cooling module anyway

Last edited:

z22se-fan

how is odbtuner installed ? cant find any info
a/c is a must not i have climate control think it runs off the cooling module anyway
It is flashed onto your original ecu. You can map it yourself with roadmapping. So the benefit of that is you won't need an expensive tuner everytime you mod your engine, exhaust, etc. Guys that use it for their speedsters are quite positive about it. Would be great to get it running on the astra...

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
It is flashed onto your original ecu. You can map it yourself with roadmapping. So the benefit of that is you won't need an expensive tuner everytime you mod your engine, exhaust, etc. Guys that use it for their speedsters are quite positive about it. Would be great to get it running on the astra...

is that a send it to denmark jobby or somthing that can be done at home ??

z22se-fan

Send it to the netherlands jobby for the flash. The rest you can do at home. Does take some knowledgen of finetuning an engine though