After Water Pump Replacement Whistling Noise

Hi! i`m new on this site. I have a Zafira 2.2, and i replaced the water pump yesterday. When i put everything back together, and started the engine, made a squeaking noise. I thought the new water pump is faulty, so i put back the old one, but still the same. The car is converted to LPG, i don`t know does it effect anything, but before i replaced the pump there wasn`t any problem. Please help, i have no more ideas...
Thanks
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

Daz

Former Staff
That dont sound very good at all. Did you use the holding tool whilst changing the pump?
Or did you strip the chains right out?
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

hi! thanks for reply. i didn`t use it, because the post was late, i know that was a big mistake. i just talked to one of my friend, and he said maybe the timing is gone. i also checked the timing on the water pump circuit, that one is ok, next one going to be the cam timing what i'll check.if you have got any idea, please let me know

Daz

Former Staff
I wudnt say the timing is out in all honesty, howver i wud say something is grinding on the chain by the sounds of it.....

finally found the problem:) when i toke the old water pump off, the chain was slack, and when i put the new pump in, the chain started running on the edge of the chain tensioner rail... problem sorted, thanks for the helps

PENGOO

ok ...i replaced mine this weekend but i used the tool to hold it ..all went smooth once i got old one off but now sounds like a supercharger on it now ....revs up whistle goes up