advice please!

People!!!!

ive been fighting vauxhall over the last 2 weeks to get them to fix my vectra 2.2 due to the dreaded cam chain problem.
after finally speaking to someone who knows about vauxhalls at the customer services i got a case number and took it to my local dealer.
the car got recovered into the dealer yesterday and they left it with me that they were going to investigate.
today i got a phone call from them saying they believe that the chain may have jumped which may have bent some valves! not good!
they said it could of jumped due to the tensioner failing but they need to dismantle the engine to check.

i would hate to think how much a new head or maybe even a whole new engine would cost, i work for honda so have a rough idea and its not gonna be cheap!

i know that the whole problem with the cam chain failing on the 2.2s is due to a lack of oil lubricating the chain, surely this would also cause the tensioner to fail. would it?

anyone got any ideas or views please?

JohnnyN

Former Staff
I think the head is around £500 and then there's the valves and other bits and the labour. Iwould imagine it'll be rather costly.

:?

vocky

Staff
whether it's a snapped chain, failed tensioner or snapped guide, the cause is vauxhall never recalled the dodgy batch of z22se engines :evil:

if they had, you wouldn't be in this situation, so it's their fault :evil:

getting them to admit it is another matter :(

its so annoying cos vauxhall know there is a problem with the engines!
i could end up paying stupid amounts of money for the repairs when its all their fault!
gonna keep fighting them for some sort of contribution.

Europa Blue SE1

Mate get in touch with Ttading Standards as vocky said they put out a batch of z22se's with a problem and again as he daid you have nothing to loose...
Hope you get somewhere with this mate... ;)

TimSri

What was the milage of your car, if you don't mind me asking? (Hope you get it sorted mate)

BobC

vocky said:
whether it's a snapped chain, failed tensioner or snapped guide, the cause is vauxhall never recalled the dodgy batch of z22se engines :evil:

if they had, you wouldn't be in this situation, so it's their fault :evil:

getting them to admit it is another matter :(

Fair comment Vocky, but as you know I am in a very similar situation with my one jumping teeth but not actually breaking at 51,300 :( and Vauxhall told me that Field Remedy 1532 only applied to broken chains!!! I emailed them again last tuesday threatening Solicitors and Trading Standards and they haven't even bothered to reply as yet :evil: Bless em.

AnGarrek

BobC said:
I emailed them again last tuesday threatening Solicitors and Trading Standards and they haven't even bothered to reply as yet :evil: Bless em.

Don't waste your time emailing them, they'll just ignore you or fob you off, telephone VX C/S and demand to speak to a C/S manager !!!