a little help needed

herb-16v

hi everyone i am getting front end of car sprayed because of stone chips :( but the lad was looking at inside my wings are said starting to look abit rusty. he said to save me money him filling them try get some wings rust free. well i found some and got no rust atall on them :D BUT my paint code on drivers door pillow says Z147 and the wings i found are L147. i been looking on net and ppl saying yer there a diff shade and others are saying no both same colour. i was just about to get them but thought would ask on here to see if anyone know if there is any diff or should i just forget the letters and go with the number notsure.gif

herb-16v

jwalker said:
same colour I think, the letter just refers to what kind of car it's off

Z = saloon
L = hatchback
yer i seen that one aswell looking around the net. mite just get them and be done with it unless anyone else no out else on this?

there a different shade , it will be the same colour but manufacturers made that much paint unless it was painted at the same time the shade will be off if you can live with that tiny detail brilliant but if your more precise in things you will notice the difference

Matt

Administrator
According to Paints4U, 147 is star silver. I know there are different star silvers, but they have a different paint code, star silver III for example is 157