A fix for the M32 box??

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
lol i meant look at the price they're charging for a £150 case that won't actually fit any thing but the 2010 onwards boxs that already have this case

there saying the shaft is the same 25mm but the bearings have lock rings on to hold the pack still
if you put the wider bearing on there will be no lock ring i guess you would have to change all 3 shafts in the box to make it fit

they say they're the worst box but if you put 3l of oil in and change it every 10k there fine lol im also using the uprated snr bearings not the fail timken ones
WP_20141201_20_39_45_Pro.jpg

identiti66

Did seem like a lot of dollar,

I'd love a 6-speed box, just because, but there's SO much on the list before that.. the car will probably fall to bits around the engine before I get that far...

identiti66

Think I'd best stick with my F23.. but if the M32 can be fixed for a coupla hundred seems worth it.. or just servicing adequately/regularly seems even more practical.

Dave Gilbert

F40 would be best of both worlds. 6 speed n the reliability of the f23 im keeping the f23 but going f23 off a astra n going solid flywheel like a astra

who needs 6th anyway. Its where reverse should be :)

Who gears down into 5th anyway lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
problem with the f40 is it dont fit anything but the vectra c and its heavier

astra g has upper mounting
vectra b has front mounting
vectra c has upper mounting and dual mass

Dave Gilbert

Should fit an astra easy enough. F40 fit vectra c n im fitting a astra g box to mine so should be easy enough to make it fit. (I assume anyway)

Im going from dual mass to solid, to save money on the flywheel clutch setup.

i have a z20let lightened flywheel, c20let clutch and astra gearbox. Just makes the clutch setup cheaper and a better setup so will spin up faster.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
According to the vxr site the f40 is crap too !
the ratios on the vxr box are crap and they eat 2nd gear
the z20net ratios are better but still a ""on paper"" 400nm box it is

been running my m32 at close to 400nm (370) for a year and only issue was the syncros not the bearings