6 speed conversion

vocky

Staff
the V6 can be easily tuned to over 200 bhp, but due to the high cost of fitting it to a vx220 it would be cheaper to fit a z20let which can be easily tuned to over 300 bhp showo..

so there's nothing wrong with a V6 8)

rabidh

I guess when you can get 215 out of the NA 4-pot the V6 starts to look less promising. It's just the whole sound and low-down effortless torque I like. The Saab Turbo V6 looked like fun though at 250bhp stock - that has to be able to get over 300 with very little effort...

I think I may be sidetracking your thread though! :roll:

A11VXL

Trader
Hi Neil further to your phone call to me, I have some more information for you..

The gear lever assy is a Europa part and it has a lift cable to select reverse, also the outer cable stop at the gear lever end is different to VX. The cost for the assembly is £588.48 :? . So I have emailed my man at Lotus to have a look at one in the stores for me, to see if it comes with the cables it’s not such bad value as the cables alone are £390.

I have also been looking into the drive shafts and have found that on the Astra and Zafira you can buy an inner M32 CV joint separately. I am just trying to find out if the spline on VX shaft is the same F23 CV to M32 CV.

I will advise as soon as I find out.
Shame that other box turned out to be a 6 speed auto :cry:

Cheers Jon

vocky

Staff
thanks for the info Jon, you have been very helpful cheers..

I think the vx220 is 35 spline and the astra vxr M32 cv is 25 spline dunno..

I've ordered a pair of Lotus driveshafts as it was doing my head in :roll:

anyone want a pair of astra vxr driveshafts dunno..

A11VXL

Trader
vocky said:
thanks for the info Jon, you have been very helpful cheers..

I think the vx220 is 35 spline and the astra vxr M32 cv is 25 spline dunno..

Is that CV to driveshaft ?

Still awaiting reply from Lotus...............

Oh yes, forgot to say.. lower mount to bulk head is the same a VX. Rear mount is Poss Gm but its first use is Europa.

vocky

Staff
I believe the vx220 driveshaft has the same splines either end dunno..

I also ordered the rear mount but none available at the factory notsure.gif

Not sure if the europa righthand driveshaft is split or one piece, I asked for them to be delivered all together so will have to wait for the mountings to arrive to find out :?

A11VXL

Trader
vocky said:
I believe the vx220 driveshaft has the same splines either end dunno..

I also ordered the rear mount but none available at the factory notsure.gif

Not sure if the europa righthand driveshaft is split or one piece, I asked for them to be delivered all together so will have to wait for the mountings to arrive to find out :?

The drawing I have from the Europa parts book shows is as 1 piece.

vocky

Staff
ordered a clutch and made a start...

acdn.z22se.com_userpix_13_IMGP1477_1.jpg

alanoo

Now you just have to hope that Europa S wishbones are the same length as our VX ones otherwise you should have some issues with the driveshafts :/