360 @ 16% failure rate

Europa Blue SE1

My wee bro is onto his third now his mate's a manager at a GAME store and he was telling him that if you send it back to Microsoft the one you get back will be a repaired one more than likely just your own console repaired another thing he said was about the power pack if the power pack is on a carpet the fibres will get sucked into the ventilation holes and contribute to overheating and obviously that's not really a good thing and left for long enough will bugger the console!!!
The guy has replaced quite a lot recently and there has been a recent change to the power pack design the early models had two buttons at the conector to the console that had to be pressed before it could be removed so according to his mate the new models dont have that dont know what difference that makes newer ones are alot quieter as well. My wee bro said "there a bit crap coz they charge for xbox live and ps3 dont and also FORZA 2 RULES 6mins 30secs round the nurburgring in the new Audi Tdi Race car the V10 one" This is Daryn typing hijacked the pc from Alan a min Hi guys and look forward to meeting yous all on the 1st at the Courtenay RR day! :D cheers.. Daryn

SriSte

My mate had one from launch, and it lasted until just before the extended warranty.

I fixed it, simple and effective using the guides online. Its great pulling the case apart, theres no screws, just clips - its like a puzzle lol

Matt

Administrator
Europa Blue SE1 said:
How long you had yours for Matt and what about you baldie?

I've had mine since September last year, so should hopefully be out of the range of 360's that have the old components

baldie87

i've got an elite dont know if that makes a diffrence but i have had mine since end of november and i am on it every day

Matt

Administrator
lol, I got mine about 3 weeks before they released the black one, otherwise I'd have waited and got that one.

TimSri

Sell up and buy a PS3!! There are so many Xbox faliures and it is only going to rise. Its becoming clear the PS3 is the far better machine.

Lightning Coupé

Had mine a couple of years now and its been alright (touch wood). I recon as long as you take sensible precautions to ceep it cool and off the carpet it should be ok. Just glad I wasnt daft enough to sit around playing on a crapy ps2 for two years after the xbox 360 was launched waiting for the PS3. Hardley surprising its a quicker machine, after all, by the time they actually released it they had the benefit of two years worth of technological progress, which as we all know moves bleedin fast in computers.

jimmywrc2.2

lol my mates on his 4th one no very happy! he keeps tell n me every time he as had one the power pack is different dunno.. aint very gud tho is it nah

SriSte

PS3 hasnt got the selection of games the 360 has yet.

Strange thing is, theres a couple of games that are on both the 360 and the ps3 and the ps3 ones dont run as well.