2003 Vectra C z22se P0300 misfire fault

20180222_113609.jpg
20180221_120923.jpg

I initially thought a cam follower (i think that what its called) had broken off, as it was loose when i removed the cam cover, but then I found out that all the ones at the front are loose and come away easy, is this normal?
20180222_112919.jpg

Car not starting, due to chain being loose and timing out, as the chain has skipped a few links according to the timing mark on the chain, not lining up!

Is it going to be worth fixing??? I can buy a genuine GM timing chain and balance kit for £200. But has the chain caused further damage to the engine valves and guides? Oil has also been leaking all round the engine, so looks like I'll also be needing a new gasket or oil seals for somewhere!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
if you can remove the rockers from under the cam im sorry to say but that's bent valves and will require the head either repairing or replacing to fix the valves
also its spinning fast on the 2nd vid are the plugs still installed if they are that will prove there is no compression from the open valves

im able to fix this mobile or supply a head but its to a cost and you would still need to do the chains

Thanks for your quick response Carl. Yes the spark plugs are still in.. Do you have any spare valves and guides knocking around!? What do you think is causing the oil leak? Its looking like it's going to cost too much to be worth fixing!

So these little rockers sit on top of each valve? 7 out of 8 rockers are loose across the front, but all 8 are sitting tight at the back. Does that mean that it requires 7 valves and maybe guides aswell?

These front rockers couldnt have come loose by me trying to pry the cam cover off, with a crow bar?? as the cover was still stuck, once I had loosened all the bolts!!

Last edited: