200 cell cats

richard

i see you can buy 200 cell sport cats off ebay for as little as £75 with 55mm external diameter so i quess that will fit anybody got one?if so any good? or can someone recomend where to buy one please cheers..

Sjdickso

Staff
Adie was looking at one and Vocky reccomended this

https://z22se.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=8392

I have heard mixed reviews about cheaper cats some say they cause EML to pop up all the time others havent. You can get 02 sims (fudges) to stop this. I would also get one but i can not stnad any EML on.

There was one other member recently bought a cheaper one and had no issues at all, i think Vockys is a cheaper one and he has not had any issues. Daz has a courtenays one and i think everynow and then it pops up.

Last edited by a moderator:

vocky

Staff
my 'cheap' magnaflow cat has been fine, it's been on my vectra for two years and my vx220 for 1 year, no eml's :)

adie2.2.

Si just spoke what I was thinking with the cats, sometimes I'm a bit concerned at paying such little notsure.gif you may get faults as he described, EML lights etc :cry: , Nice to hear Vocky has got on all right with them :D , I take it you got the same one as the address you provided Vocky notsure.gif

richard

when you get it on jamee you will have to let us no what you think m8 then if alls ok i will get one cheers..

Vid

Is that Magnaflow one a 200 cell though, I have tried to find out from reading websites about them but no joy?

I am going to need a cat that has ID of 2.5" to weld into my new downpipe, any other suggestions appreciated.

I just want one that won't throw the EML light on!

Lightning Coupé

Generally cats that are worth there salt come with a "gram weight" scale of how much prescious metals are used in there construction. From a technical point of view, just saying that a cat has 200 cells is f**king usless, you might as well just cut a 400cell cat in half and proclaim it to be a sports cat. On top of that, Its the various pressious metals that do the catalyst conversion and unless the fewer cells have a decent amount of said metals, typically 20 grams or more, you will get an EML when you "give it some" as the cat wont be able to convert the gasses efficently enough. The Ebay jobbies are certianly worth a go, as said, some seem to work quite well, but weather your getting any performance increase from them or weather thay will keep the dredded EML at bay is another thing. Ask yourself this, If there any good, why dosent the likes of miltek, blueflame, regal, etc sell the cheaper ebay varients? Id does make you think, but then again, Like vocky and others, they havent had any trouble and would apear to show resonable gains? i guess you pays your money and takes your chance.

Vid

Point taken mate!

I would prefer to go with a recommended one, so will probably go with one like Vocky has being as he hasn't had any problems!

Thanks

McFly

I'm thinking about replacing my vx220 cat for a 200 or 100 cell one...can anybody tell me the dimensions of the stock one in order to make a direct replacement?

Does anybody know if a 100 cell one could trigger the EML light?

Vocky, I've been searching into MAGNAFLOW website and I saw that they have several options for universal converters, is what they call "OFF-RAD RACE" the one you bought? dunno..