You are currently viewing our forum as a Guest.
By registering not only can you take part in the forum, it will also remove most of the adverts.

2.4 sc build

Discussion in 'Cylinder Head/Block' started by vocky, July 9, 2017.

1. So after a false start this LE5 2.4 bottom end is going SC with a Saab head :)

craddle and sump cleaned out
    SAM_5328.JPG

Brand new Saab head ready for some porting
    SAM_5324.JPG

SAM_5325.JPG

it can either have a plastic z22yh or standard z22se cam cover fitted, so standard coilpack works

SAM_5326.JPG

a box of new parts from the Saab head
    SAM_5327.JPG

#1 vocky, July 9, 2017
    Last edited: July 23, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  2. The 2.4 crank fresh back from the machine shop, journals have been polished and it's ready for a brand new set of OEM bearings

SAM_5329.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  3. How do you get LE5 blocks this side of the pond Vocky?

4. by paying lots of import duty :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  5. is it much more than say a supercharger kit to bring in?

6. they charge import duty on the shipping, so probably twice as much as a sc :eek:

Currently waiting on parts from the usa, so not much happening with the build.

7. maybe when i go to Brazil for my pickup i can drive up though and pick an engine up?? :confused::eek::eek::rolleyes:

8. probably worth stripping off the junk not required, makes shipping cheaper. The vvt head is worthless, I have one here and it's going to the tip.

• Like Like x 1
  9. The LE5 steel rods arrived today :)

import duty is killing me :LOL:
    SAM_5333.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  10. exhaust ports opened up and head fully rebuilt

SAM_5334.JPG

New saab valves - sodium filled, thus better suited for SC than z22se valves

SAM_5335.JPG

z22se cams, new saab roller rockers, new hydraulic lifters, new valve springs, new valve stem oil seals, new retainers and new collets

SAM_5336.JPG

Saab head has been modified to accept a z22se cam cover, thus standard z22se coilpack fits

SAM_5337.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  11. That looks pretty sweet! new owner must be a pretty excited. Shame about the red cam cover :p

12. is the z22se cam cover better than the saab in terms of the breather??

13. I don't have any issues with my Saab cam cover, but I do have the LSJ pcv pipework.

Using the z22se cam cover means a standard coilpack can be used, so that is now my preferred option. Plus I also purchased a small milling machine which makes it much easier to do.

14. The wiseco 88.5mm pistons have been made, so hopefully will be shipped soon.

• Like Like x 2
  15. The Wiseco pistons arrived today :)

Hopefully get the block machined to suit them by the end of next week, then I can complete the engine build :D

88.5mm piston.JPG

• Like Like x 3
Matched Content