PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Hi all,

Though it was time to post up a thread on my coupe, which I have owned since September 2010.

2001 '51 plate 2.2 Coupe SE1 - 120k

Engine:
Std 2.2 Engine
Piper Cat Back System
Custom Decat

Interior:
Uprated front and rear speakers, single 10" sub in boot
Pioneer Stereo
White dash light conversion
Blue and black leather gear & handbrake gaiters

Exterior:
Uprated White headlight bulbs
Standard 17" alloys - refurbished
Debadged boot
Aero Wipers
Front grill

Pics:

awww.shokstudios.com_personal_astra_sidebfront.jpg

awww.shokstudios.com_personal_astra_refurbwheel.jpg

awww.shokstudios.com_personal_astra_sidebrear.jpg

awww.shokstudios.com_personal_astra_boot.jpg

awww.shokstudios.com_personal_astra_sidea.jpg

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
March 2012:
Engine decided to go screech! Would turn over for a few seconds and then cut out with a metallic screech.

Car has stayed put where it is since then, been happy riding my bike and getting fit again, plus with funds going out to different things, its taken a while to get to the point to fix.

September 2012:

Engine brought sitting in my warehouse - 58k with timing chain done 8k ago, this is getting fitted weekend 6-7 Oct.

Parts sitting here to fit...
Pipercross Panel Filter
O2 Sensor Spacer (for decat to remove EML, Hopefully)
Airbox to TB intake pipe
Quick Shift Kit
Powerflex Engine Mount
Service parts
New clutch
Seat Winder

Hope to have a polished and ported TB off here or something by then too...

Thats all for now..

Last edited:

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
New engine is now in and working!!

Just needs some tidying up, front bumper wings need fixing, full valet, another key!

Oh and new tyres and tracking as she now has new track rods and wishbones/bushes.

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
fitted the powerflex insert into a new mount and also put new mounts all round, vaux jobbies. I will be ordering the vibra technics RH and rear mounts next month once Ive sorted a few other things out.

That powerflex one and new mounts certainly shakes the car about.

Matt

Administrator
Nice, I've got the Powerflex one fitted to the VXR, and it does make a good difference. Don't quite fancy the Vibra Technics though, as I think it would be a bit too harsh for my liking.

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
They do road and competition/race, I am going for the road ones, shouldnt be toooo harsh :-/. Also going to do the ARB's, Suspension and uprate all the bushes all round at some point.

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Spec as of now;

58K Z22SE from VX220 - With Metal Rocker
Pipercross Panel Filter
Piper Cat Back
Decat Pipe
Polished/Ported TB
EGR Delete + Cheater
Custom Airbox to TB Pipe
Cold Air Feed
O2 Sensor Spacer
Mtec Drilled & Groved Discs with Mintex Pads
Powerflex Front Engine Mount insert + New Vauxhall Mounts
Blue coloured hoses for water return & Rocker Breather
Think thats all?
Loads to come!!

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Decided I am not going to get the Vibra Technics mounts, Matt is right, its stiff enough for the time being.

Loads of things to order to freshen it up and make it better again after sittings around for a year doing nothing.

New headlights - Same as fitted now, apart from mine are ghosted and tried fixing them, don't want the cheapie ebay jobbies, but I cannot find any others but VX ones, not after angel eyes etc, if anyone knows of any? Linkies.....

New fog lights - Mine are a bit discoloured, got some new "High Power White" bulbs coming too.

Side seal clips - one of the clips is broken and make it look a tad untidy.

New grill - fancy a irmscher grill or OPC one, than the cheap ebay one now.

Spoiler - Either a respray or a DTM one.

Side skirt jacking cap - Never fits properly!!

Bumper Respray - stone chips, cracking paint etc..

Airbox mounts - the rubbers for the airbox have perished, so its rattling and moving about!

New Stalk - Indicators don't turn off!

Glove box light - for some reason mine has not got one! Just a hole.

Fit front bumper wings - the wings that hold the bumper on in the wheel arch are starting to peel away, need to fix and also get new pins to hold the bumper on at the front bar too.

Get a full valet!! - Did a website for some detailers a while ago, who turned out to be quite good mates now, they are going to give me the "360 Comprensive" service for nothing! - http://360valeting.co.uk/services.html

----------------------------

Extra's I want to get and sorted

Roose motorsport hoses, get the rocker cover polished (its metal), Coil overs, Adjustable drop links, Fast road camshafts, Remap, Exhaust manifold.

Thats all for now!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
thought this may help with your front bumper parts list i need to get the bottom 3 for mine
  1. 90559500, Rail, Guide, Front End Panel To Wing, RH x1
  2. 90559499, Rail, Guide, Front End Panel To Wing, LH x1
  3. 9130754, Rivet, Expanding, Front End Panel To Centre Support, Black x 2
  4. 90508323, Grommet, Front End Panel To Front Axle Crossmember x 3
  5. 90508809, Rivet, Expanding, Front End Panel To Centre Support x 3
that grill i got the opc replica was a bit shat out the box but now its cleaned up it looks good just a shame the clip broke
and last month i got rid of my standard headlights they were like new only on the car for 1 1/2 years then in storage
i swapped them for a set of rear lights i can make enquirers if the guy still has them if you like but i do like the depo shark eyes very good with the hid kit

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Oh yeh, I need the bottom the plastic expanding bolts that go through the top and I think theres some underneath too!

Yeh the lights go for it if you can, let me know.

Si

PowR Remap

Remap Services
Trader
Ok Cool mate,

That linky is the same ones as the ebay ones, which have the writing on the front of the light rather than over indicator.

Si