Z22YH 2.2 direct engine idle

757-200

hi, I had both the chains done last week and the engine idle has improved slightly ( I am assuming the new balance chain has done this ) however I feel its still a tad lumpy, performance wise the car drives fine, new oil, filters, plugs, throttle body all clean, any suggestions ? I have read about inlet manifolds being faulty on this engine but hoping its something abit more simple, car has only done 57000.

Cheers

vocky

Staff
could be the swirl flap mechanism is broken, you can get a delete kit or a repair kit for them.

757-200

Would it not be giving a fault code for a broken or stuck swirl flap? Also when the car is started from cold it turns over fine however when started back up when warm its as if the cars firing up far to fast . Thanks

Last edited:

757-200

The pump and regulator was done before my ownership, I know the pumps are a common failure but would think if there was an issue it wouldnt just be on idle as performance wise the car is fine, starting to take a rather dim view on this particular engine although im sure they all have there issues.