158 !!!

Sjdickso

Staff
Well she clocked over to 158K yesterday, do you think if I SC the mileage will go up faster lol.

By the way it isn't running on the original engine, TBH I think there is only a handful of parts which are original, front spring has just snapped so going to swap the dampers at the same time, they are 12 years old and have done 158k in all said and done.

DSC_0433.JPG

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
thats a pretty epic milestone si
you have to think most astras are in scrapyards with 50k less miles on them

the supercharger means you have less time on the road traveling think the miles would be the same lol dont think mine even did 5k last year

dewismotorsport

Good going that mate, mines on over 130k and still going strong albeit second engine which is 5k miles behind the body. The rest of the components seem to be working well and I give it some s**t tbf :ROFLMAO:

Sjdickso

Staff
Are you keeping with standard springs and shocks, or doing something uprated?

Pretty Much Matt, going for standard SRI-T / GSi springs / B4 shocks and new Febi top mounts and bearings.

I suppose it is fairly good going Carl, although the paintwork is no where as good as it used to be be.

This is also on its second engine with a total mileage of 60k, the original engine got rebuilt at Vuaxhall at 51k then had chain snap, then they rebuilt wrong but lasted further 67k with piston ring gaps all lined up the same and the chain guides upside down!!!

Dave Gilbert

Thats some good mileage.how did they manage to build it wrong?

Probably charged you 75quid an hour but let an apprentice build it.

thats shocking.

Sjdickso

Staff
Thats some good mileage.how did they manage to build it wrong?

Probably charged you 75quid an hour but let an apprentice build it.

thats shocking.

It was shocking, the cost was covered under Network Q but the rebuild cost more than a new engine possibly twice over lol, it went in for high oil usage, they diagnosed as possible piston rings, replaced them and some head work 3 weeks later got a call the chain snapped during testing, so finally got it all back and it never really pulled the power and burnt more oil but never got it resolved at the dealer. When Vocky pulled the engine to bits the piston ring gaps where all lined up the same and the chain and guides etc all fitted wrong he could not believe it had lasted 67K in that state.

Sjdickso

Staff
I would have taken them for a brandnew engine.

thats crazy. Gives loads of confidence in the main stealer

Dave, I went back multiple times but wouldn't have anything to do as it was all normal! even with a blip of the accelerator pedal plumes blue smoke of burnt oil used to cover the place!