Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
after pulling the liquid tape off the pcb in the alarm siren it appears its dead jim
WP_000741.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
went for a little dirve today to have a look at a huge shelf full of astra g and astra vxr parts :)
come home with
astra vxr discs and calliper and pads
z20let equal length shaft for a bit of a project
2 alarm sirens
2 gas boot struts
new boot lid break light that's my03 and tinted
2.5bar tmap
and iat temp gage
z20let battery bag
WP_000764.jpg WP_000765.jpg

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
caliper stripped
WP_000767.jpg

Ate 57/28
WP_000768.jpg

plastic piston by the looks of it
WP_000769.jpg

z20let half shaft top vs vec c z22se bottom
WP_000772.jpg

vec c outer cv wont fit astra g shaft but the fits the vxr hub fine looks like my car might be getting a vxr hub on one side lol
WP_000773.jpg

Last edited:

corsaZ22se

you've been busy again with your car! my pile of parts is getting ever larger and running out of storage space, no time to fit anything as to busy fixing cousins first car (corsa c z12xe) new chain done, now got uncles L200 head gasket to do. I need 8 day weeks!

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you've been busy again with your car! my pile of parts is getting ever larger and running out of storage space, no time to fit anything as to busy fixing cousins first car (corsa c z12xe) new chain done, now got uncles L200 head gasket to do. I need 8 day weeks!
yeah i know the feeling :) going to have to have a clean out soon and get rid of the extra parts
Carl, do you need the carriers from the VXR or do the 308's work?
you need the vxr carriers and the vxr callipers ,vxr discs 322mm and vxr hoses but i think i might get away with the hoses need to look its also a different banjo bolt size but CS sell a vxr hose kit that comes with them :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
started cleaning up the calliper after i went out this morning to get the red paint
but during the cleaning of the 1st one the angle grinder set on fire! cheap ass b&q £19 one
some time ago i was given a set of hel brake hoses there a proper fit for the vxr callipers just need to get some m12 x 1mm SS banjos for them
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M12-x-1-0...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d131a2c12

after looking at the discs more i think im just going to get a new set from Mtec
also called up biggred for a seal kit they dont have the vxr kit on the shelf but the recon they have the parts to make a kit up if i take them down
good thing about that is there in Worcester the same place the crank is getting its work done im due to pop there to drop the clutch and fly wheel off on the 3rd :)

z22se-fan

Great updates again. I have the VXR setup on my Astra. Once warm, they're superb.
Are you going to install the Original tmap sensor from the LSJ engine? I'm about to do the same. If you're looking for a connector... the lambdas from lots of Vauxhalls and Opels have the same one

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Great updates again. I have the VXR setup on my Astra. Once warm, they're superb.
Are you going to install the Original tmap sensor from the LSJ engine? I'm about to do the same. If you're looking for a connector... the lambdas from lots of Vauxhalls and Opels have the same one
well its a z20let 2.5 tmap CS told me they can now map for it but i will be using an external screen for the ntc probe to keep an eye on the iat :) not that i have to worry about iat drove 70 mile giving it beans when i stopped the charger was stone cold :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-L...pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item25687fe3df
i have a 2 connectors in my tool bag one maf and one lambda have to look which one fits :)

Last edited:

Matt

Administrator
had some fun today
took the passenger side wheel off to have a look at the alarm siren again!
only to find the inner drive shaft gator split not sure how long its been open but it was still full of grease and not much rust :)
View attachment 43934

local car parts called 2 on shelf £13 bargain
View attachment 43933

stripped all the parts out the way to get the shaft out oops forgot to drain the gear box oil lol but a good excuse to change the oil :)
View attachment 43935

its out
View attachment 43936

after cutting the split gator off with scissors i found the clip
View attachment 43937

after releasing the clip with a super large screwdriver the joint dropped off
View attachment 43938

new boot on and put the new grease in the joint
View attachment 43939

tried to find my side cutters to close the clips up but no joy ended up modding a pair of old mole grips
View attachment 43941

View attachment 43940 View attachment 43942

went over the seal face with a scotch pad
View attachment 43943

i then took the opertuaty to fit the front eibach spring to the shock
heres my diy spring clamps
View attachment 43944

and fitted with grease on the top bearing
View attachment 43945

all back in and ready to roll well apart from the gearbox oil that will have to wait till the morning
View attachment 43946

found a new fuel filter and clips in the batcave so they went on to
View attachment 43948View attachment 43947

must remember to look at the alarm tomorrow
and to think, VX wanted almost £150 to replace the split CV boot on the VXR @ MOT time.

z22se-fan

well its a z20let 2.5 tmap CS told me they can now map for it but i will be using an external screen for the ntc probe to keep an eye on the iat :) not that i have to worry about iat drove 70 mile giving it beans when i stopped the charger was stone cold :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-L...pt=UK_Kitchen_Accessories&hash=item25687fe3df
i have a 2 connectors in my tool bag one maf and one lambda have to look which one fits :)

Ah ok. that's probably the same one then. How is your rad holding up? I noticed since I have the big radiator for the cc-system, the coolant temps of the regular system go up when I get off the freeway and drive into town. Probably because the intercooler is blocking the main rad. How is that on yours?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
@evocarlos are you still requiring the 308 caliper carriers Carl? I need some now......
will be selling the 308 ones once the vxr callipers are on and working
AFAIK the carriers are different on the astras and vectras.....
Only need carriers though, I already have drilled & grooved 308's and Pagid pads waiting to go on ;-)
vec b and astra g same part there the same caliper on the front Ate 57/25 have a look here :)
http://www.torquemotors.co.uk/suspension-brakes.html#!/~/product/category=2202123&id=27331697
or here
http://www.torquemotors.co.uk/suspension-brakes.html#!/~/product/category=2202123&id=28031219
Ah ok. that's probably the same one then. How is your rad holding up? I noticed since I have the big radiator for the cc-system, the coolant temps of the regular system go up when I get off the freeway and drive into town. Probably because the intercooler is blocking the main rad. How is that on yours?
tbh i cant say i have really noticed it get up to 85-90 the stays there but the water in my charge cooler system aint that hot all down to the thermal gasket :) no heat transfer from the head to the inlet

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
1st one is done and ive ordered new nipples and cap as well as pad retaining clips
WP_000781.jpg

rebuilt
WP_000782.jpg

copper slip on the uncovered parts and the places where the pads touch
WP_000784.jpg

this one hanging around till it gets put on
WP_000785.jpg