Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
ok so here they are :)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000694_1.jpg

i put the non return valve on the tap the lower pipe feeds both the other pipes the same flow any other way they have one high flow and one low flow so put it like it is
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000695_1.jpg

new liners
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000692.jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i poped up to the scrappy to get the 3rd bolt for the washer bottle and got some steering wheel controls as i broke a plastic button on mine
just waiting on the pump and relay to arrive now then its mot time friday morning :)
think i may put the new bits on the front tomorrow if its nice and not windy as hell like today

here a how to change the LED's in the radio controls on the steering wheel
remove the controls from the steering wheel
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000698_1.jpg

from the rear of the controls prise the tabs in that hold the covers in place do the top and bottom then the middle last (dont lose the springs)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000702_1.jpg

then you should be left with this ive marked the + and - on the pic
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000704copy.jpg

to remove the old leds you will need to add some solder to the pads with a soldering iron use an iron thats no more than 18w any more would damage the tracks on the pcb
the trick to remove the LED's once you have the extra solder is to swap between the the to pads quickly it should come off on the iron when its just right:)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000709_1.jpg

im going with bright white LED's there 1206 footprint (+and - of the leds are marked in the pic but the minus is marked on the led with a green dot highlighted by the yellow arrow)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000710copy.jpg

ive got a tin of flux that comes in handy i dip the leds in the flux this helps solder the led to the pcb and helps hold it in place while messing
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000712.jpg

there on (theres and error in the pic the led to the far left is the wrong way round but i fixed it now)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000714.jpg

and a test with the multi meter just to show there right and working :)
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000715.jpg

its then just a case of refitting the covers middle one 1st then either top or bottom then refit to the car :)

oh unrelated but i thought this was cool to :)
camels (1).jpg

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
right im back from my MOT
its a PASS with 2 provisos 2 front tires split on the inner tire wall and passenger side ARB drop link has movement in one joint
i then treated myself to a donkey burger and a cuppa
WP_000719.jpg

i did notice that one of the rear discs has some scoring lines so went a picked up a set of new pads the ones that came with the discs were cack and i think the caliper is sticking some
but while parking up to get the pads
how do you say it b*****d!!
WP_000718.jpg

in other news the relay came for the headlamp washers
lets see what all the fuss is about
WP_000720.jpgWP_000721.jpg

hmmm automotive wash/wipe timer :)
http://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/393592/MOTOROLA/MC33197AP.html

Last edited:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
the tires i have are fitted with the protective lip but are nonexistent for 215/35/18 on an 8" wheel there stretched on
the only other way is to fit 235/35/18 then id be back to bending all the arches and rubbing the liners again
its easier for me to whip the wheel off and just sand and paint it :) and cheaper than tires that have a brand

just tested the headlamp washers i now have a self cleaning bonnet :)
WP_000726.jpg

also adjusted the insignia washer jets so there on the screen more and not the roof lol

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
How'd you manage that?
trying to adjust the jet so it was more on the light and not the bonnet was using a plasitc dash cleaning tool with a flat plastic edge pushed it down then pop lol
ive fixed it for now with super glue and plastic welding

Sjdickso

Staff
Nowt wrong with a dirty burger, the wheel should be any easy touch up it doesn't look like it has scored the alloy just the paint?

Have you not got new ARB drop links to go on?

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Nowt wrong with a dirty burger, the wheel should be any easy touch up it doesn't look like it has scored the alloy just the paint?
Have you not got new ARB drop links to go on?
it was very nice :)
yeah your right its just knocked the paint i just put on it off lol

yeah new arb links from matt :) ready and waiting to go on

Sjdickso

Staff
Sounds like to rectify all that won't take you long, nothing worse than cheap pads just binned a set that was on the Seat that the car supermarket put on, swapped for Brembo and EBC items.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
yeah our local car parts got ferodo pads @ £19 the ones that autovaux supplied were real corse had thought about changing them for mintex xtreme again as they were good for the 5 years or more they were on
will need to resurface the disc with the das6 and an 80 grit sanding pad :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
you were though lol
yep i merely said there poo poo and i'd never go back to them after using them in my r19 and having to change them every 6 months due to them wearing out so quick i even went to redstuff but they take way too much heat to get them working
unless now they have changed the compound and the green stuff are harder ?

Matt

Administrator
I always thought greenstuff were classed as an upgrade to only the most basic models pads, and anything else should be using redstuff or yellowstuff?