Project Freeze My Ass Off (rear Poly Bush's Astra G)

Dave One

Carl,

First off, great work mate. I really wish I had the time and inclination (in the cold) to do half as much as you have :).

I'm curious to how you got on with OpCom for setting the gauges. The steps on the fuel gauge didn't make sense to me. I got it roughly right, then used the old warning light and 'flat and level' to hone it in.... The others were all check against the Car PC extracting GPS and ECU data :).

Cheers,
Dave

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
hey dave thanks :)

ive not got round to using op-com i didn't want to damage the paint on the trim as its still fresh :)
but ive found its best to put the needles for the fuel and water temp on before fitting the outer cover
the dials have marks on them for the needle
8.jpg
the rpm and speed can be done with the ignition on just takes some time of spinning them round and getting the right stop position which is just past the 0 point

with op-com you can manually move the needles to any position so its easy to check if there right :)

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
got my afternoon planned :)
headlamp washers best part of £100 with the pump and washer bottle
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000680.jpg

Attachments

• ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000680.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000680.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 228

Dave One

Enjoy :). Its not too bad actually - not compared to what you've already done.....

I hoping to progress my ICE install in a mo......

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Enjoy :). Its not too bad actually - not compared to what you've already done.....

I hoping to progress my ICE install in a mo......
:)
Did you manage to get hold of the relay too?
no i did not order one i'm not willing to pay £30 for a relay or £59 for the pump

i've managed to get a pump for £16 shipped on the bay
and while at the dealers today he told me its a standard really just need to find a 30a 4 pin relay that fits in the slot

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
bumper off and the dog pinched my seat !
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000684.jpg

drilled out the holes with a 2.5mm then a sharp knife to cut the slots
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000681_1.jpg

some time later
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000682.jpg

ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000683_1.jpg

ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000685_1.jpg

also pulled off the bad wheel arch liners
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000687.jpg

new washer bottle mounted
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000690_1.jpg

pipe fitted
ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000691_1.jpg

Attachments

• ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000691_1.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000691_1.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 238
  • ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000690_1.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000690_1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 226
  • ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000687.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000687.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 237
  • ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000685_1.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000685_1.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 209
  • ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000683_1.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000683_1.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 259
  • ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000682.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000682.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 237
  • ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000681_1.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000681_1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 232
  • ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000684.jpg
    ai556.photobucket.com_albums_ss6_evocarlos1_WP_000684.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 224

astra22bertoneauto

More good work there Carl!

Just a couple of (maybe) interesting questions/comments: -

Are they the gsi headlamp washer jets on the bumper? I ask because they look more like my factory fit washer jets on my blue car. what was the part number of them?

Also when i took my bumper off my blue car i noticed the factory had fitted the water pipes to the inside of the bumper not to the front slam panel as in your last pic. I hope that didnt sound in a bad way, as I also fitted my headlamp washer pipes the same way as you and Maverick have done on my black coupe. What difference does it make? only 1 i can spot is you only have 1 pipe to disconnect on blue car compared to how fitted on black car when removing the bumper.

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
More good work there Carl!
Just a couple of (maybe) interesting questions/comments: -
Are they the gsi headlamp washer jets on the bumper? I ask because they look more like my factory fit washer jets on my blue car. what was the part number of them?
Also when i took my bumper off my blue car i noticed the factory had fitted the water pipes to the inside of the bumper not to the front slam panel as in your last pic. I hope that didnt sound in a bad way, as I also fitted my headlamp washer pipes the same way as you and Maverick have done on my black coupe. What difference does it make? only 1 i can spot is you only have 1 pipe to disconnect on blue car compared to how fitted on black car when removing the bumper.
there the coupe ones :)
Nozzle right 9194905 £28 (Coupe)
Nozzle left 9194903 £28 (Coupe)
i see what you mean about the pipes have to remove 2 pipe fitting to get the bumper off
ive never seen the factory layout so would never of known how they're fitted
i may just go back and have look see at it :)
I think they're coupe washer jets
yep

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
Also when i took my bumper off my blue car i noticed the factory had fitted the water pipes to the inside of the bumper not to the front slam panel as in your last pic.
i did have a look inside the bumper theres no where to clip the pipes do you have a pic of the blue cars bumper ?

edit :- its not a normal relay is a time delay and and hold

astra22bertoneauto

i did have a look inside the bumper theres no where to clip the pipes do you have a pic of the blue cars bumper ?

edit :- its not a normal relay is a time delay and and hold

No but........Its my day off 2moro sooooo after ive done the morning station drop off run ill whip it off and take a couple. I was going to fit the gsi washer jets anyway at some point as they look much sleeker imo.

From memory everything is mounted onto the bumper inc the non-return valve and the pipe from washer bottle loops underneath the bottle to link up with valve.

Yes relay is a time delay one but when i ordered mine for the black coupe it said hazard relay or something like

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
No but........Its my day off 2moro sooooo after ive done the morning station drop off run ill whip it off and take a couple. I was going to fit the gsi washer jets anyway at some point as they look much sleeker imo.

From memory everything is mounted onto the bumper inc the non-return valve and the pipe from washer bottle loops underneath the bottle to link up with valve.

Yes relay is a time delay one but when i ordered mine for the black coupe it said hazard relay or something like
thanks buddy :)
the only issue i saw with the gsi jets is they dont fit the coupe bumper they have to be filled down to meet the curved shape

i can make a normal relay in to a timed one with a window closer but would need to know the on off times of the pump

astra22bertoneauto

thanks buddy :)
the only issue i saw with the gsi jets is they dont fit the coupe bumper they have to be filled down to meet the curved shape

i can make a normal relay in to a timed one with a window closer but would need to know the on off times of the pump

Have a look at my thread and the first black coupe pics - they are the gsi ones and were a perfect fit......https://z22se.co.uk/threads/my-cars-update.22117/

The relay engages the headlight washer motor for 3 seconds (i think) then cuts off.

Last edited by a moderator:

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
i got the coupe one the same as on your blue cab #16 in the pic looks like you got #11 on the black coupe :)
313km5t.jpg

bit of an update the guy who i got the pump off has a relay to and is sending it over in the morning :) not bad for £5

astra22bertoneauto

i got the coupe one the same as on your blue cab #16 in the pic looks like you got #11 on the black coupe :)

bit of an update the guy who i got the pump off has a relay to and is sending it over in the morning :) not bad for £5

Jammy sod getting a relay for a fiver - mine cost £30 from stealers :(

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
As promised heres the pics - enjoy!
If you want any images for a possible how to guide let me know and ill send over the larger files. (y)
mate you are a star! :) there just what i needed
the clips that hold the pipe in place come in a pack of 5 but ive lost one lol looking at you pics theres only 4 used so thats good :)
found some pc water cooling clips like the ones in your pic im going to go out now and redo the pipe
ive just fitted both the new front wheel arch liners damn them push pin clips you can never get the pins back!
i,ll take some pics and compare them with yours i think it will be so much better in a retro factory fit style