near despair...

D-F-A

I had an engine fitted to replace my lovely but worn out 2.2. The replacement had done approx 78,000 at time of install. Since the car has come out of the garage she has not run properly at all. At under 2,00 revs she behaves and also when cold, however once warmed up she behaves as though there is a fuel/mixture/air problem. The car shows no error when on diagnostics other than a reading from a sensor near the air box which reads -40c. We've unplugged that and it made no difference. The garage have no idea and the owners a friend so we're struggling. Can anyone here point me in the right direction. My knowledge of cars is at the Cortina Mk1 level. Thanks in anticipation....Regards Rob

P.s the ancilleries were all from the existing car if that helps. New coil packs were also fitted

evocarlos

Stupid Bollocks
Staff
if the iat is reading -40 then its faulty
my 1st step would be change it for a working/new one and see if its better the car shold run with it disconnected but put a lamp on the dash

D-F-A

if the iat is reading -40 then its faulty
my 1st step would be change it for a working/new one and see if its better the car shold run with it disconnected but put a lamp on the dash
Hi Evo, Could it be something as simple as that mate? The engine jerks savagely and starts to lose power when you try to clear it by accelerating harder. I just want it sorted so I can enjoy driving again, 'cos at the moment it's a giant pain. Regards Rob

vocky

Staff
sounds like a broken wire in the air intake temperature loom, it's happened a few times and quite an easy fix as it's just two wires