Heater Blower Not Working - PLEASE HELP!

Turbo_Shane

Hi everyone, as most of you know i have recently got my self an Astra turbo. When i looked at the car i discovered that the heater blower was not working. :(
The bloke who sold the car to me said it was working this morning when he used the car??

Anyway.. Day after i got her home i tried the heater again but nothing happened still.

The day after that, i started her up and the blower was working as i left the switch on number 4. When i turned her off and restarted the engine, it stopped working again and up to this day its still not working!! :x

Ive tried researching about this problem and found out it a commen fault on the astras.

...Sounds like it could be the ignition switch??

I was hoping to get it sorted today.

Could anyone have any more ideas what it could be??? dunno..

dodger

Former Staff
i can't belive thats its the ignition switch unless all the electric devices are doing the same, sounds like the heater controls.

Daniel

yeah i wouldnt of thought it was the ingintion becoz it would more then likey do to it to over things on the car so probs something to do wid the heater its self, when ya say its not working its not making any noise or blowing anything out ??? could the motor be on its way out coz ,i no if the brushes in motor start whereing out the motor can stop and start at times shane ???

Turbo_Shane

Its all Cool now.. I got it working!! :)

15 minutes after i made this thread, i found out the problem.

I took out the glove box and where the blower sits behind; theres two wires going into the motor. The red/live wire had a break on the connection plug. I simple just pushed it in hard and cable tied it to one side and its fine!

Im glad i found the fault straight away and sorted it; The windows kept steeming up on the way home from picking her up last week and couldn't see out of the side windows lol.

Thanks guys for your help anyway! ;)

Turbo_Shane

Danny Boy said:
lol lucky it was a easy think m8 when ya think ya be on the road then ??

Yeah i know lol. As soon as my insurance cover note comes! then i can get my tax then im rolling! (y)